Thursday, November 27, 2008

For Today - November 27, 2008 -

Outside My Window...Fog. Lots of thick fog. And it's really pretty warm . . . doesn't "feel" like a Thanksgiving Day! And those birds....they are chirping like crazy. The are all a-twitter with thankfulness!

I am thinking...I am blessed.

I am thankful for...for Amanda & David making it safely here . . . arrived about 1 AM.

From the kitchen...Poppyseed kolaches; turkey; ham (will carmelize it this year - what fun it will be, taking a torch to it!); Dressing needs to have broth added to it & then popped into oven about an hour before serving; garlic mashed potatoes; Broccoli/Rice casserole; Gravy waiting to be made; Green Beans (just beans - no casserole - shocking!); Deviled eggs (jalepeno & regular); Corn; Croisssants; Veggie Tray: Cranberries; Pecan Tarts & Mini-tarts: Poppyseed Kolaches; Banana Bread & Sugar Cookies in the making; tea is made; & of course there's coffee!

I am going... to take a quick shower.

I am reading...my menu list . . . so I don't forget to put something in the oven & the proper time.

I am hoping...to enjoy the day.

I am hearing...Birds. Just birds. They drown out everything else.

Around the house…It's quiet before the storm of activity & busy-ness.

One of my favorite things…having my family & friends with/around me.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....Go walking after the big meal; take Kevin back to TRF; then drive back home. It's about 6 hours round trip. Tomorrow sleep in late. Can such a thing be done?

Something you may not know about me...I compiled and ABC list of things I'm thankful for...most came from these daily musings. So here it goes - the longest "Just For Today" ever!

Amanda & our friendship; Abigail; Autumn; Antique tablecloth coming clean after Shiloh made a mess of it with blueberry pie; Another day to grieve the change that's taking place in my parents' lives

Bible; Blooming flowers & Bouquets in the house; Black cardigan; Backyard Birds chiriping

Children who trust the Lord; Chloe; Charlotte & all she does for my parents; Cute flannel pajamas I bought on sale; Central heat & air; Chinaberry trees

David; Debby; Decluttering

Ericka; Eyes to oftentimes see God in the most trying of circumstances; Eight-seven year old mom going to Dallas with me to visit grand & great grandchildren.

Family; Fluffy towels; Five years of weight-loss maintenance; Florida; Fresh eggs from Murray's happy hens

God knowing the ending from the very beginning...of my life...of my nation's life...of everything; Good man; Good friends; Good coffee; Generator; Get well card from Murray

Home; Husband who is faithful, hardworking & thinks I'm beautiful when I know I'm not; House filled with people we love

Insight into the many levels of my stress

Jesse; Job; Judy; Job (not to be confused with my grandson)

Kevin; Kwabena, from Ghana – he calls us Mom & Dad. He makes me smile

Lots of travel mercies for Murray & me & David & Amanda; "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain."

Murray; Mercy; Magnesium; Manners

New tires; Neatness

Oil change; Orderliness

Paul; Photography; Poetry; Pleasant people with pleasant faces

Quilt made just for me by friend Debby; Quote from William Henry Channing , "To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony." I have high & lofty aspirations indeed. I have far to go. . .

Rain; Relying on gut feelings, instincts, still small voice from God Himself. Whatever you call it - I've learned through the years and some heartache to trust & rely on it. I will never doubt it again.

Simon; Simon's job; Strength to endure & at times rejoice in hectic, busy weeks; Simplicity; Shutters back on house; Shopping with Amanda; Scrapbooking

Today; Tomatoes & basil from garden; Thanksgiving – I'm thankful for a holiday that focuses on gratitude. Of course it's just one day. The next day people get up early to go shopping. I guess for more things to be grateful for.

Understanding & Undemanding husband; Unscheduled days

Vitamins laid for me

Warming weather; Workers' Compensation; Washer & Dryer

X

Yardwork done by David, Jeremy & Juan when Murray's back was out.

Zzzzs – I do not sleep well at all. I get only 4 – 5 hours



No comments:

Post a Comment