Tuesday, November 9, 2010

For Today - November 9, 2010 - Monday

SIMPLE WOMAN'S DAYBOOK

Outside My Window. . . bright sunshine, & very moderate temps.  

Acorns falling onto the tin roof.  Oh my!  What wonderful noise!

I Am Thinking. . . .I am glad I'm through with today's errands: dry cleaning dropped off; loaf of bread bought to make garlic bread tonight; my bank deposit; Good Sam's bank deposit; Good Sam board meeting; Post Office visit; & picked up pattern flier from Rachel on way home; stopped by by the CPA's office AND made several phone calls.

I Am Grateful. . . for a very productive morning.

From The Kitchen . . . All the fixins' for a lasagna dinner tonight to celebrate Tim's birthday (since I wasn't here Friday when they all celebrated) & to celebrate his new position at one of the Baptist churches in our town.

I Am Creating. . . .order in my house.  I was out of town this past weekend, did lots of computer work yesterday, & want to catch up today.

I Am Going. . . . .finish laundry, tidy house, vacuum/sweep floors & make fabulous lasagna!

I Am Reading . . . Chemistry of Essential Oils Made Simple: God's Love Manifest in Molecules by Dr. David Stewart.  It is AMAZING! 

I Am Hoping . . . . to make quick progress w/the house!

I Am Hearing . . . acorns falling on the metal roof, a clock ticking & some type of heavy machinery.

Around The House . . .Lots of fresh produce.  Dog hair.  And an unmade bed.

I Am Wearing. . . Khaki cargo pants; turquoise 3/4 sleeve, V-neck t-shirt; brown suede-like jacket; wondrful scarf I bough ages ago from a thrift store: made in Italy...beautiful colors & soft as can be.

I Am Thinking . . I need to start browning veggies & ground beef for the lasagna sauce. 

I Am Wondering . . . if I have water.  Some of the noise I'm hearing is coming from across the street where there was a Water Dept truck.

One Of My Favorite Things. . .The house all opened up. . . . fresh air. . . . a breeze. . . . birds chirping. . . cattle mooing. . . . It's the best

Something You May Not Know About Me. . .I almost never set down my glasses where they can be stepped on or sat upon!  

About Today's Photo. . .An updated, albeit blurry, photo of me!

1 comment:

  1. There is now that double batch of lasagna sauce simmering on the stove. One for tonight - the other batch for the freezer for when the days get hectic & crazy & I don't know what to cook!

    The doors & windows are open. Acorns are bouncing on the metal roof. Leaves are crunching beneath tiny little squirrel feet.

    Contentment -

    ReplyDelete