Saturday, October 23, 2010

For Today - October 23, 2010 - Saturday

Outside My Window. . It is clear & cool & breezy. But the weatherman says to prepare for some storms. I'm looking forward to that - - - we so desperately need the rain.

I Am Hearing . . Cicadas doing their thing & a crow. And as suddenly as they start, they fall silent. And I hear nothing. No thing. Maybe a storm is heading this way after all? Usually we hear the birds.

Now I hear the wind.

And the cicadas are starting back up again!

And acorns, gum balls, & pine cones are falling on the metal roof of this cozy little cabin.

It's just that kind of a day!

I Am Wearing...a pink nightgown. Yep - it's almost 4 PM & I'm still in my gown although I've been up since 6:30.

No shoes either, although I have been productive: made a triple batch of jambalaya, washed 3 loads of clothes, edited some photos & updated my other blog, The Cozy Little Cabin, . All-in-all a lazy kind of day.

I Am Thinking . . I need to mend mama's coat & take my 35+ year old Elna sewing machine for a tuneup!

I Am Wondering . . .why, oh why, mama cannot understand that it's not her cell phone - but *operator error*. Maybe we should just get her a land-line & be done w/it!

I Am Grateful. . . that I saw my daughter-in-law & two youngest grandchildren yesterday. And oh-so-grateful we all caught some catfish! Grandson caught 6 or 7 of them himself! And he learned how to get catfish off the hook w/o injuring himself! Yee haw!

And I'm very grateful that the Prairie dress & pinafore perfectly fit granddaughter! It looked so very long, hanging up. . . . but the length is perfect. I think she's grown a great deal since July when I saw her last.

From The Kitchen . . . A triple batch of Jambalaya! And fresh organic pears, bananas, lettuce, spinach, peppers, etc.

I Am Reading . . Nothing at the moment. A rarity, I know!

I Am Hoping. . .to get mama's coat mended.

Around The House . . .Hubby snoozing on the couch. A load of whites waiting to be folded. The windows are open & the smell of autumn is in the air & in the house. In other words: perfection!

One Of My Favorite Things
. . .is a lazy day.

Something You May Not Know About Me. . .For a short while I was a midwife's assistant.

About Today's Photo...Lotuses from yesterday's trip to Texas Fresh Water Fisheries

1 comment: