Monday, October 25, 2010

For Today - October 25, 2010 - Monday

Outside My Window. . .It is cool, damp, & breezy & branches & twigs are down. . . but that's not really new. East TX had horrible weather over the weekend & we drove through some if it: trees down across the highway & a transformer *blew* as we drove by. But we are safe. The house is safe. And it appears we got enough rain to settle the dust. . . . but that's all. No significant rainfall at all for us. Bummer! And with it being so breezy today, I'm guessing everything will be dry & brittle before long.

I Am Hearing . . The wind blowing through the trees & a couple of birds chittering away. Acorns, gumballs, & pine cones landing on the metal roof. Yep - it sounds like the little cabin is under attack! ;)

I Am Wearing. . . a red 3/4 sleeved, v-necked T & khaki pants.

I Am Thinking . . I want to go back to bed. I've been up since 3AM; it's cloudy outside & it seems like a nice thing to do.

I Am Wondering . . .about nothing. . . . really. Nothing at all. Some days are like that . . . .

I Am Grateful. . . that I went to church yesterday & even though I worked the nursery & didn't get to hear the sermon, it's been reported that my son-in-law gave a wonderful message. I *did* get to hear Amanda & Christiy sing a duet, but missed their solos. I wish I could have heard them both, especially this one Amanda sang. . . . it's a new one for me. She wants it sung at her funeral.

From The Kitchen . . . Leftover Jambalaya & leftovers from Applebees. We went out into that horrible weather on Saturday! Saw the movie, Red, & ate at Applebees. It's been years since I've eaten there. . . I didn't much care for it. Blech! But the movie was a lot of fun & made me laugh. A lot! And plenty of action for the men, too!

I Am Reading . . Still - nada!

I Am Hoping. . .to catch up on rest? I don't know. No real plans for today.

Around The House . . .oh - I should probably wash the sheets. . . . .

One Of My Favorite Things
. . .is a house that doesn't need much work done to it.

Something You May Not Know About Me. . .I started wearing contact lenses when I was 13. They were big, round & hard.

About Today's Photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment