Tuesday, October 27, 2009

For Today - October 27, 2009 - Tuesday


Outside My Window. . . it is still raining and the ground is very saturated. Some would think it's a perfect day for napping.

I am hearing. . . rain drops and the TV. We are in the process of dubbing from video to DVD. Currently being dubbed: "Twister"

I am thinking . . . that today would be a good day to stay home! I had hoped to stay home yesterday but ended up meeting with David and David. Afterward I did a bit of grocery shopping in order to make chicken spaghetti for this weekend when everyone is here: David and Amanda and Simon and his crew! Yay - a joyous weekend is guaranteed!

I am grateful . . . that hubby is ready to give away lots and lots of books. We are both Biblioholics and even though we purge our books from time to time, we still have too many. Ones I'm not certain I can weed through are the vintage books. It doesn't matter if they're books of poetry, history or fiction, I find it impossible to get rid of them. The 1910 edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica definitely fall into this category. Where else will you find quotes from Abraham Lincoln about not caring if he freed all the slaves, some of them or none of them? Just as long as he preserved the Union. That's what it was all about. And of course this explains why we won't get rid of any books about Southern heritage. No books about birds (or nature in general), gardening, or quilting are in danger of leaving any time soon. And of course none of Dr. Sherry Rogers' books will ever be given away by us. Hmmm - our big book purge may have ended just as it was getting started!

I am wondering
. . . how likely I am to actually live this quote from William Morris, "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." Noble goals!

From the kitchen
. . . brewing another cup of tea after eating my usual oatmeal/almond/apple/cinnamon breakfast!

I am going
. . . to sort through more books. Put away the ones that we have so far deemed worthy of staying with us; send out emails regarding Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday and I love hosting dinner at our house. This year my daughter-in-law is planning a skit for us to perform. She says there's no memorization and we can fly by the seat of our pants. Sounds like fun!

I am wearing . . . plaid pajama pants and long-sleeved t-shirt and socks.

I am reading
. . . just my daily Bible reading.

I am hoping
. . . to really, really be able to down-size. It's something I've been doing a little at a time for many years now, but now it's time to really ramp up my efforts!

Around the house
. . . are lots and lots of books on one of the dining room tables.

One of my favorite things
. . . is having a place for everything and everything in its place. I like knowing exactly what I have and where it is. This is not an easy task for someone who has so many hobbies.

My Have-Done List . . . Hmm - Froze leftover Chicken spaghetti; went through several shelves of books. Washed, dried and put away load of laundry. Almost through recording "Twister" ;)

Something You May Not Know About Me
. . . I cannot make pretty blogs. My wonderful daughter jazzed this up for me. Didn't she do a good job? Yay for daughters! Yay for Amanda!

About Today's Photo
. . . Love, love, love Climbing Old Blush which blooms profusely Spring and Autumn and sporadically throughout the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment