Wednesday, October 28, 2009

For Today - October 28, 2009 - Wednesday

Outside My Window. . . it is very foggy but is suppose to burn off around 9, with predicted high temps of 68! Perfect!

I am hearing. . . TV in background.

I am thinking . . . I need to take a quick shower & get started with my day!

I am grateful . . . there's not a lot of puzzles nor games we feel a real need to keep. The two puzzles we're keeping are of NYC - before the Twin Towers were destroyed. All the others are going to one child or the other. Ditto for the games.

I am wondering . . . how Abby Rike from Biggest Loser is doing. She's from Mabank, TX which isn't that far from us. In fact, ANY place in east TX is considered "local" :) Anyway - she's the adorable contestant who tragically lost both her children and husband in a car wreck. I don't think she should have been sent home BUT in reality she really is the Biggest Loser because in last night's episode it was clear that "Abby" was back...she had somehow found herself again. She was able to save her life, not just physically, but all that makes up a person's life. What a treasure! What a joy!

BTW - Jillian, who usually screams at contestants to get them to dig deep into their psyche , approached Abby with deep reverence and respect. And I think I saw the tough-as-nails Jillian tear up.

Here's wishing that Abby's life is free from anymore sorrow...but knowing how life is, I'm guessing she will have some more along the way. Thankfully she now knows how to deal with it in a more healthy way.

I am grateful her parents' have their daughter back.

From the kitchen . . . hot tea.

I am going . . . to take mama out in this sun-shiny weather.

I am wearing . . . plaid pajama pants and long-sleeved t-shirt and socks...not the same as yesterday.

I am hoping . . . to dub another video or two to DVD.

Around the house . . . are lots and lots of books on one of the dining room tables...now add to that lots of puzzles and games! Woot! I'm feelin' it!

One of my favorite things . . . a crisp, sunny day in October. Today!

My Have-Done List . . . Puzzles and games sorted and waiting for kids to take home with them. LPs boxed up for oldest son. We promised most of them to him long, long ago - - - now is the time to take them. All. Dubbed Les Miserables (Liam Nielsen) and Sleepless in Seattle. Will start dubbing Minority Report before I leave the house.

2 comments:

  1. You are just on a posting frenzy, aren't you? :) -Ericka

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Well, I was MIA so for such a long time - - - & feelin' the need to catch up!

    ReplyDelete