Thursday, October 29, 2009

For Today - October 29, 2009 - Thursday


Outside My Window. . . it's dark as I begin this entry, with the promise of rain. We've had about 7" the past 10 days & now they're predicting another 2-5 within the next 36-48 hours.

I am hearing. . . Shiloh *grooming* himself. "Stop it, Shiloh, stop licking yourself"!

I am thinking . . . that Merchant Marines should qualify for VA benefits. They are the fleet of U.S. civilian-owned merchant ships, operated by either the government or the private sector, that are engaged in commerce or transportation of goods and services in and out of the navigable waters of the United States. The Merchant Marine is responsible for transporting cargo and passengers during peace time. In time of war, the Merchant Marine is an auxiliary to the Navy, and can be called upon to deliver troops and supplies for the military. (Wikipedia)

I think they should qualify for Veterans' benefits since they served their country. But no one is asking me. . .

I am grateful . . . that mama & I went out yesterday because the weather was glorious for one day. We went to the Tyler Rose Gardens, which were exquisite as they always are this time of year. . .& again in the spring. The weather was perfect, not too hot nor cool, with a light breeze blowing. Afterward we went out to eat at Cheddars & she ordered the dinner portion of grilled catfish, rice, baby carrots, & a baked potato & she ate it ALL. She really putts away the food. . . I'm wishing I had her 88 year old metabolism!!!!

I am wondering . . . how many videos I'll get to dub today. I was unable to dub Minority Report & Mr. Holland's Opus because they're "undubbable". I'm glad they don't do this to all videos. . . . but it makes me wonder why they don't.

From the kitchen . . . Oatmeal, toast & tea.

I am going . . . to dub more videos, wash laundry, stew a chicken for lunch on Saturday (Chicken Spaghetti), send out change of address cards for mama, stay home & stay dry!

I am wearing . . . khaki cargo pants, deep purple 3/4 sleeved t-shirt & socks. I'm thinking of really thinning out my clothes. I know a woman who has "more money than God" (to quote Quisar from Steel Magnolias)& she buys only one or two outfits per year. She always looks very nice, because she buy high quality items, but her philosophy is that if she spends money on her, it only benefits her; but if she buys stuff for the house, everyone benefits. It's something to think about. And the reason I've been thinking about this is because I pretty much wear the same things over and over again. I have 5 pair of khaki cargo pants, which I love! I'm like a little boy - - - give me lots of pockets! I'm seldom too hot for 3/4 length sleeves & I find them more attractive than sleeveless or short-sleeved & I have them in a bunch of different colors! And why on earth am I holding on to my skirts!? I wear them so very seldom!!!!! Yes - I'm feeling a closet re-do coming upon me!

I am reading . . . just my daily Bible reading.

I am hoping . . . it doesn't rain Saturday morning.

Around the house . . . more & more things stacking up for kids to go through & hopefully take home with them. Lots - - - take home lots! Please!

One of my favorite things . . . is a day at home!

Something You May Not Know About Me . . . Well gee whiz - - - I thought of something while making breakfast, but now can't remember it! :)

About Today's Photo
. . . Mama at the Tyler Rose Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment