Tuesday, December 8, 2009

For Today - December 8, 2009 - Tuesday

Outside My Window . . .
I know it is wet And the sun is not sunny.
But we can have lots of good fun that is funny!

"I know some good games we could play,"
Said the cat.
"I know some new tricks,"
Said the Cat in the Hat.

"A lot of good tricks
I will show them to you.
Your mother
Will not mind at all if I do."

And the local weatherman's FB update is: Good Tue AM! Fog/Drizzle around the area this morning, followed by a 70% chance of rain and a few t-storms. Slight risk for severe wx today south of a line from Palestine to Jacksonville to Center. Hi: 55. 30% showers to...night. Low: 37. Sunny Wed and cooler with highs in the mid 40's. Have a great day!"

Have a great day????

I am hearing. . . the heater humming & the birds raising a ruckus because it's drizzling & their monster wild roses are no longer here to provide cover. :(

I Am Wearing. . . warm clothes!

I Am Thinking. . . . I need to get out in this crummy weather & hunt down some small boxes! Books & glassware make for a very heavy box!!!

I am wondering . . . why I'm updating this blog instead of packing! There's really so much to be done.

I Am Grateful. . . to have gotten a good night's sleep! I went to bed around 10-10:30 & slept until 6:30! I don't think I got up in the middle of the night. If I did, I slept through it! Yay!

From the kitchen . . . Sausage kolaches.

I am going . . . going into town to get boxes. Continue packing; sorting through our files. We gave our 4 drawer file cabinet to our son-in-law who is using it in his office. We had files in 2 of the drawers, a quilting project in one of the drawers & mainly obsolete software in the 4th!

I am reading . . . not much of anything. I need to be working, not reading!

I am hoping . . . to stay warm & to stay focused.

Around the house . . . need I say it? Boxes & more boxes!

One of my favorite things . . . New things. I like change. I like new starts.

Something you may not know about me . . . I didn't really get dressed yesterday! I stayed inside & packed & listened to Christmas music & packed some more. Hubby came home for lunch. And then I went back to packing & never did get completely dressed! It was nice.

About Today's Photo...This is one of my favorite Christmas tree ornaments! One year the kids painted ornaments. AME's is gorgeous! Maybe she'll pot a pic of it at daeorourlives.blogspot.com Her's looks like a young Elizabeth Taylor! KMS' - - - not so much! But it still makes me smile every time I look at it. My mother's counted x-stitch ornaments & this one are definitely my favorites!

1 comment:

  1. Seems to be lots of us up at nite!!!!

    Too bad there isn't a way to harness all that energy.

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara