Friday, May 7, 2010

For Today - April 7, 2010 - Friday

Outside My Window. . .Warm & breezy. Kinda' balmy-feeling. The breeze is nice

I Am Hearing
. . .Birds chirping & wind blowing through the trees.

I Am Wearing . . .shorts & t-shirt

I Am Thinking . . . My friend Linda W. is one mighty strong, feisty woman.

I Am Wondering
. . . How long her husband will live. He's been sick for a very long time. The nurses are guessing he'll be gone before Father's Day. It's gotta' be tough for all of them. Especially their 17 year old son.

I Am Grateful. . . for the long, long chat with Linda. It was fun talking about the old days.

I'm also grateful that mama's flowers arrived on time. And looking good. After bad experiences with other florists, I am happy to say that the two times I've used proflowers.com have been wonderful! Beautiful flowers - just what I ordered & delivered when they said they would be delivered! Yay!

From The Kitchen
. . . All the fixins' for a homemade NY cheesecake.

DD was born on Mother's Day & her birthday falls on it again this year. Her hubby is grilling steaks & I offered to make her a birthday cake. She asked for cheesecake, so I have all the stuff in the kitchen to make one tomorrow. I hope it turns out to be all she's hoping it to be. And I hope I remember to take pix of it!

I Am Going. . . to lay down for a while. I have a light case of Poison Ivy & I want it to stay that way. I'm starting to get hot. I need to lie down & cool off.

I Am Reading . . . nada

I Am Hoping
. . .The poison ivy doesn't get any worse. I'm really sensitive to it & usually get sick: vomiting & running a fever. Here's hoping this is & will remain a very light case.

Around The House . . . Nothing special.

One Of My Favorite Things
. . .A lazy day.

Something You May Not Know About Me
. . . I earned my gray hair.

About Today's Photo . . (Click on photo).

3 comments:

  1. Yep you did earn that gray hair if this is the second time that dear hubby has used the picnic table as a ladder extension!!! :) Hope that he gets back down safely and if this is a regular occurence that he gets a higher ladder the next time he needs to get on the roof:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you have earned those gray hairs if this is the second time that dear hubby has used the picnic table as a extension for his ladder... if this is going to be a regular occurence getting up on the roof, hope he gets a longer ladder.... :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, that wooden ladder *is* long enough - it's just that the stairs get in the way . . . I *think* he has to do it only one more time. . .

    ReplyDelete