Monday, May 31, 2010

For Today - May 31, 2010 - Monday


Outside My Window. . .The sun is shining, the birds are singing & the porch is ready for breakfast to be served!

I Am Hearing
. . .Shiloh crunching his chew bone! And birds chirping outside & an occasional car driving by.

I Am Wearing . . .pink gown & slippers

I Am Thinking . . . that we have the *perfect* name for the separate guest room/bath. Youngest grandson proclaimed "This is the smallest hotel room I've ever seen". Youngest grand daughter noticed "And the ceiling is shaped like an 'L'".

My dearest hubby & EOS said it simultaneously, & it shall now & forever be known as. . . . .

L'Hotel

I like that!

I Am Wondering . . . When the rest of the family will be getting up.

I Am Grateful. . . that EOS & some of the grandkids are here for the weekend! What joy! AND I'm glad my daughter is no longer in such intense pain!

And the men & women who helped make & keep my country, and me, free.

It is the VETERAN,
not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN,
not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN,
not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN,
not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN,
not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN,
not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the VETERAN who
salutes the Flag,

It is the VETERAN
who serves under the Flag,

ETERNAL REST GRANT THEM O LORD, AND LET PERPETUAL LIGHT SHINE UPON
THEM.

From The Kitchen
. . . Lots of fruit & fruity dip. . . .and tea.

I Am Going. . . to get dressed, put on makeup & go wake up my grandkids if they're still asleep in L'Hotel!

I Am Reading . . . nada

I Am Hoping
. . .for a safe, relaxed, family-filled Memorial Day. And shrimp. :)

Around The House . . . Tell tale signs of kidlets being here: little shoes, puzzles, a doll, crayons, cards, etc. Pretty, pretty sights. . .. every one is a still-life that touches my heart. Quick! I need to grab the camera!

One Of My Favorite Things
. . .is spending time w/me family.

Something You May Not Know About Me
. . . I used to have thick hair. Thick and curly.

Today's Photo. . . Front porch taken in Jacson, MS, some years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment