Monday, May 3, 2010

For Today - May 3, 2010 - Monday

Outside My Window. . .Hydrangeas almost ready to bloom. And fragrant honeysuckle. And a mighty fine crop of poison ivy :(

I Am Hearing
. . .Baby birds chirping.

I Am Wearing . . .Cargo pants, t-shirt & walking shoes.

I Am Thinking . . . Shiloh needs to go pee more often. My cousin said that dog urine deters snakes. I guess I'll quit fussing at Shiloh for peeing in the flower beds!

I Am Wondering
. . . About this morning. I woke up at 3 & got up for a while, but then went back to bed. I don't know what time it was but it became a rather magical time. There had been a bird singing. I don't know for certain what it was, but some night-time singing bird. There was a light breeze. Just a gentle time of night.

And then n o t h i n g. I mean not a sound. No bird chirping. No coyote howling. No dogs barking. No possums walking on the porch. Nothing crunching on the leaves. No car in the distance. Not a sound. Not a breeze. Just stillness. Complete. Total. Magical. Quiet stillness.

Is there a special time between night & morning? Is there a shift change within nature? It was amazing.

I fell back to sleep & woke up later to the sound of a multitude of birds chirping, singing, calling & greeting. And it too was magical. But in the wee hours of the morning I experienced for the first time in the cabin, the magic of silence.

I Am Grateful. . . for yesterday's mini family reunion.

From The Kitchen
. . . Leftovers!

I Am Going. . . walking. I need to get back into the habit of walking.

I Am Reading . . . everything at Junk Sophisticate. What a creative lady!

I Am Hoping
. . .The snakes & I can live amicably together.

Around The House . . . Nothing special.

One Of My Favorite Things
. . . Volunteering at Good Samaritan. The other volunteers are inspiring people. They are what's best about the little town.

Something You May Not Know About Me
. . . I can't think of a thing!

Today's Photo
. . . Even though we are prime habitat for snakes, we didn't find any. We did, however, find this little lady hiding beneath some boards.

No comments:

Post a Comment