Monday, June 14, 2010

For Today - June 14, 2010 - Monday

Outside My Window. . .Are blooming hydrangeas & Black-eyed Susans. It's warm & muggy, a rather typical east Texas June morning.

I Am Hearing
. . .The A/C humming, some birds chirping outside & that's about it. It's a very quiet morning, isn't it?

I Am Wearing . . .white cargo pants w/brown t-shirt. And bare feet w/nicely polished toenails! :)

I Am Thinking . . . I need to update my blogs, tweak a couple of photos taken yesterday & tidy up around the house.

I Am Wondering . . .How did my youngest grandson get to be 10 years old! Happy birthday, JSS!!!!

I Am Grateful. . . for this past weekend! Hubby went on a Boy Scout camp-out with our youngest grandson; I got to spend time with my grand daughters (ages 16 & almost 8); oldest grandson got all registered for college; & we got to make it back home & have a small birthday dinner for my awesome 89 year old mom!

Oh! I forgot to mention - the FEMA money for GS finally came in!!! Very, very grateful -

From The Kitchen
. . . It's all clean although there is the lingering aroma of fried chicken from yesterday's birthday dinner! I hadn't made fried chicken in decades! I'm so glad it's like riding a bicycle - - - one doesn't forget!

Oh - and there are lots of pancakes in the freezer as I quadrupled the recipe & now we have our own stash of *fast food* hidden away in the freezer!

I Am Going. . . to do some laundry, paperwork & plan out my week.

I Am Reading . . . "Essential Oils Desk Reference" Yeah - I'm that geeky! But since we don't use pharmaceuticals - essential oils, vitamins, herbs, homeopathy, acupuncture, etc., are our first line of medicine.

I Am Hoping
. . .to do paperwork for my mom & Good Samaritan.

Around The House . . . There's some laundry to fold, floors to sweep & furniture to dust. I may (or may not) hang come pics in the dining room.

One Of My Favorite Things
. . .is my husband reaching for me in his sleep. :)

Something You May Not Know About Me
. . . I've been married 2/3 of my life. Yeah! It's a real good thing!

Today's Photos . . .pix from mama's birthday. Mama, my daughter, her hubby & my hubby - the one who still reaches for me in his sleep :)

Mosaic Monday @
http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/2010/06/mosaic-monday-summer-bouquet.html




4 comments:

  1. What a delghtful daybook to read. I'm glad I stopped by. I especially liked your favorite thing! :) What a blessing to have a good husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Wonderful mosaic! I hope that you have a lovely week!
    Hugs...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your Mom and what a fun mosaic to remember her special day.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete