Sunday, July 6, 2008

For Today; July 6, 2008


Outside my window...sunshine & white fluffy clouds

I am thinking…that life gets too complicated all too fast. My Dad made a trip to the ER in the middle of the night. Now safely back home, it is agreed by all involved that he & my 87 year old mom need to go into assisted living. Hearthstone is a nice place & this is a good thing. It's just hard. On everyone. One very long chapter (they've lived in their home for 60+ years), is coming to a close & a new chapter is beginning. It is a good thing. But it is also a hard thing.

I am thankful for…them being able to move into such a nice facility. I am also very thankful for Shiloh's uber bladder as he was crated yesterday for a little over 15 hours w/o any messes or mistakes!

From the kitchen…lots of fresh produce & eggs from Murray's happy hens

I am creating…a quarterly financial report for Good Samaritan's board meeting on Tuesday; post-dated checks for purchasing GS' food from Regional East TX Food Bank; a plan for WW substitute leaders; my monthly WW order; tidiness in my own home so I don't come home to a mess.

I am going…to miss my Thursday appointment w/hairdresser Matt. :(

I am wearing...white shorts, black top, white athletic shoes

I am reading…30 Days to Taming Your Stress; "Boundaries: When to Say YES, When to Say NO, To Take Control of Your Life", by Henry Cloud & John Townsend; & Photo Freedom by Stacy Julian

I am hoping…that my trip to Houston will be helpful to my parents. That they can freely cry & laugh w/me. But not excessively so. By volunteering to be caretaker of daddy's old books, letters & family research papers (30 year worth) he will become less tense about all this.

I am hearing…a/c humming & clock ticking. Wind chimes too.

Around the house…Aw - the sew.com is quite disorderly. Moving furniture, adding Shiloh's crate & sorting through photos has made quite a mess. Rather likable - but nevertheless a mess.

One of my favorite things…My wonderfully helpful, understanding & faithful husband who is taking GS report to president Kay Baby; delivering WW products to FBC; and even made lunch for the two of us.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week… Going to Houston. Crying. Laughing. Moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment