Wednesday, November 11, 2009

For Today - November 11, 2009 - Wednesday

Outside My Window. . . it's cloudy & breezy.

I am hearing. . . a power saw in the distance. Someone is doing a remodel nearby? It's a little bit high pitched. . . can't tell for certain what it is. Oh - and the dishwasher is doing its thing!

I am thinking . . . that we really, really do have to sell our leather furniture. The exterior door is only 2'8". . .the ones here are 3' & we could barely get the furniture in!

I am grateful . . . for the guy who did the inspection on the house yesterday. He spent almost 5 hours going over it! With parts of it almost 100 years old, it does have some issues. But none that are a deal breaker.

I am wondering . . . if it is possible to have birds, butterflies and cats?

From the kitchen . . . the dishwasher is running & there is order & neatness.

I am going . . . to dig up some plants & re-pot them, in preparation for the move.

I am wearing . . . my weekday "uniform": khaki cargo pants; brown 3/4 sleeved t-shirt; black fleece vest; khaki socks.

I am reading . . . a new blog colourmehappyblog.blogspot.com Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful blog about designing with color. And it's just as I thought: painting a dark room a light color will not bring it to life!

I am hoping . . . hmmm - what am I hoping for? I can't think of anything special . . . just to enjoy a day at home without drama or stress.

Around the house . . . a bunch of stuff that will need to find a new home!

One of my favorite things . . . Simplicity. I know I've mentioned it before, but it is how I function best. I talked to Ms. Ruby, the homeowner, about her tiny kitchen & she finds it very efficient & cozy. She's 85 years old & only lived in the house for 4 years before her husband died & she, being a city girl at heart, is very lonely out there without any neighbors. At all. No not one. Anyway - she said she cooks & bakes & it works well for her. There were other aspects of the house she was unhappy with, but the kitchen wasn't one of them!

I explained that hubby & I spend most of our time together in the kitchen & the kitchen den. She said she & Glenn spent that time together out on the porch. I can believe that, as that's where I spent most of my time yesterday - either on the porch or walking in the yard. Of course this is my favorite time of year, so I would especially enjoy the leaves falling, diving, swirling down from the trees.

I don't know if it's good or bad, but I'm not a real fan of raking leaves. My attitude is since God leaves them on the ground in every forest & woods, it's good enough for me. Of course I realize that snakes might find that particularly attractive & I am no fan of snakes. I think a couple of neutered feral cats are in my future. So the question is: will I still have my songbirds & butterflies, if I have cats?

Something you may not know about me . . .We are seriously considering living in a place where the raccoons, possums & skunks wander up on the porch at night!

About Today's Photo . . . another day w/o pix.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an adventure with the critters...one JSS would LOVE! :)

    ReplyDelete