Saturday, November 7, 2009

For Today - November 7, 2009 - Saturday

Outside My Window. . . it's a very foggy morning. It look really cool earlier when the moon was out. If I'd thought of it, I should have set up the tripod & tried to photograph it.

I am hearing. . . birds chirping in the fog.

I am thinking . . . I need to spend more time at home. I went out every day last week. . . today, tomorrow & Monday I'll be gone too. How can I pack if I'm not here?

I am grateful . . . That another room has become available for my mom. She wants a room on the front side of the building so she can see the street activity, but when she first moved in (3 weeks ago today) there was only the room next to the kitchen. Because of her deafness in one ear we thought it might work. Nope - - - it doesn't. She told my daughter about it, who in turn told me. I checked with the Director on Thursday about mama needing to move to another room & they do have a vacancy on the front of the building! On Friday they replaced the carpet & now they need to repaint & rehang the fluorescent lights in there & we'll be all set to move mama again. It's just two doors down & shouldn't be too big a deal . . . but I hope not to move her again any time soon!

I am wondering . . . how much packing I will get done today before heading out to the baby shower?

From the kitchen . . . Onions, potatoes & carrots. I'm making Mrs. Ringles Brisket (from the Once a Month cookbook) for tomorrow's after church lunch. DAE & mama will hopefully be joining us.

I am going . . . to resume laundry; pack up stuff that's I won't need the next month or two; go to a baby shower.

I am wearing . . . that old worn out chenille robe.

I am reading . . . my Bible.

I am hoping . . . to decorate the cottage in cottage style without all the frills & frou frous. Maybe I'm thinking more of a "camp" style design. Or Texas farmhouse? I don't know for certain...

Around the house . . . a good, thorough cleaning is in order!

One of my favorite things . . . a good night's sleep!

Something you may not know about me . . .I'm a big Tyler Perry fan. You just gotta' love Madea!

About Today's Photo . . . another day w/o pix.

No comments:

Post a Comment