Friday, November 20, 2009

For Today - November 20, 2009 - Friday



Outside My Window. . . it's threatening to rain.

I am hearing. . . same as every other morning!

I am thinking . . . my husband doesn't know the difference between a "dog run" & a "dog trot"! He emailed an American citizen who was born in Pakistan that we're buying a house with a dog run between the two bedrooms. I wonder what Aqeel thinks we're buying?!

I am wondering . . .how Mary is doing. A couple of years she battled breast cancer. Her hubby of 50+ years died this past summer. And her daughter died last night. I prayed for her when I woke in the middle of the night.

I can't imagine what she's going through & when I do try to imagine I start crying. I wouldn't want to try to live without my husband or my daughter. I'm sure she doesn't want to either. I'm sure no one asked if she is willing to go through this.

Please pray for Mary L.

From the kitchen . . . lots of sausage kolaches in the freezer! I had a blast baking with mama yesterday. I followed her directions, tips, hints & movements to a "T"! Her's are still much prettier than mine but she assures me after 60 years of practice mine will be just as pretty! ;)

I am going . . . ??? I really don't have big plans for today. I don't know what I'm going to do. Tidy house? Dig up plants? Probably was a load of jeans....& maybe clean out the 4-drawer file cabinet so it will be ready to go to son-in-laws office. We think we can do with something much smaller.

And maybe make pecan tarts for Thanksgiving. I don't think we have many desserts. Not that we really need them!

I am wearing . . . jeans & t-shirt.

I am reading . . . my Bible.

I am hoping . . . to remember Mary as I go through my day. And pray for her. And pray for some family members who are going through a trying time.

Around the house . . . boxes waiting to be filled!

One of my favorite things . . . is have some of the Thanksgiving preparations in the freezer!

Something you may not know about me . . . I'm a wimp. When it comes to my family suffering, I'm a wimp & I fall apart.

About Today's Photo...Mama & her famous kolaches!

1 comment:

  1. They look terribly yummy!!! MMmmm, cannot wait to taste their savory goodness on Thursday! -Ericka

    ReplyDelete