Friday, November 13, 2009

For Today - November 13, 2009 - Friday



Outside My Window
. . . it's chilly, and the sun is burning off the fog.


I am hearing. . . tractors & birds.

I am thinking . . . that I will be glad when we no longer need to board Shiloh or take him with us. DD is moving to east TX & I'm looking forward to her keeping our dog when we travel!

I am grateful . . . that I slept most of yesterday. Yes, there were things I had planned to do, but I was overcome with sleep. After months of sleep deprivation (years?) it was good to finally sleep! The timing seems a bit "off" to me. . . but when is it ever a good time to sleep all day long?

I am wondering . . . how long it will take me to get used to living in a house with a metal roof. I like the look of a metal roof & they come with a 50 year warranty & other good things about them. They are the perfect roofing material for living in the woods. But how long will it take for me to get used to the Sweet Gum balls falling on the roof? And I bet it's rather awesome to be out on the porch during a hail storm! I'm looking forward to all these changes . . . but am aware it will take some adjustments.

From the kitchen . . . Crisp green lettuce; fat, juicy grapes; almost ripe bananas; red-ripe tomatoes; yummy apples; cool celery; onions; avocado; gorgeous eggplant; carrots; cabbage; butternut squash; acorn squash & a whole lot more! Yes - yesterday was organic produce day!

Oh - oatmeal with cinnamon & almonds, & Earl Gray Tea already made their morning appearance!

I am going . . . to try to do a lot of things I didn't get done yesterday!

I am wearing . . . plaid pajama pants & a long sleeve gray t-shirt. I'm very, very comfy!

I am reading . . . that book by Elaine Whats-her-name. I don't remember & don't wanna' get up to find out 'cause I just got up to get another cup of tea & I want to finish this blog!

I am hoping . . . it's alright to take our big old dog to son's house. It's just an overnight trip & I hate to pay nearly $20 a night for THREE nights, when all we need is one night. The vet no longer is open on Saturdays. They figure after 14 years of working 6 days a week they deserve to have weekends off. I guess they're right, but I hate to spend nearly $60 instead of $20!

Around the house . . . pretty much the same as yesterday as I did very blessed little!

One of my favorite things . . . is being with family! Almost any time I'm with family, I'm a very happy camper!

Something you may not know about me . . . I have an 18 year old grandson! Yay for me! Yay for Job!!!!

About Today's Photo . . . from the archives. Location: my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment