Sunday, September 7, 2008

For Today - September 7, 2008 - Sunday

Outside my window: Sunset

I am hearing: I can tell you what I'm not hearing: "Attention, attention. There has been an incident reported. Please leave your room immediately & exit the building." Yep - that's what I heard yesterday. I grabbed my cell phone, purse & hotel key & took 12 flights of stairs to the outside of the Hilton. Yep - we were on the 12th floor, right next the the stairwell. Next time we're in a hotel I will take the emergency exit to see where I end up. This one took me to the far side of the building. I called Murray on the way down & he met me out front. Fortunately it was a false alarm. Lots of false alarms - the announcement came across loud & clear about 12 - 13 more times during the day. A roof sensor had gone haywire & was malfunctioning. Fortunately it was fixed before we went to bed last night!

I am thankful: to be back home.

From the kitchen: Nada.

I am creating: nothing - just got home & not creating a thing.

I am going: to bed early tonight.

I am wearing: Those new linen slacks & t-shirt

I am reading: "Boundaries" & Isaiah. Read Boundaries aloud on the way here. Am on the chapter that deals w/boundaries & one's spouse.

I am hoping: to sleep well.

Around the house: Not a whole lot.

One of my favorite things: Coming home.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Too tired to make plans!

Something you may not know about me: I'm not as young as I used to be! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment