Monday, April 13, 2009

For Today - April 13, 2009 - Monday


Outside My Window...it's a sunshiny day! Yesterday morning it stormed through here . . . lots of wind which blew some metal roofing off a dilapidated out-building AND knocked out our electricity.

I had gotten up early to fix a brisket in the oven . . . & missed Sunday School, hoping the electricity would come back on & I'd have an idea of what was going to happen to my Easter dinner plans. It was time for me to leave for church & STILL no electricity!

It was still raining & the wind was howling when I left for church . . . . I got there & since it was Easter Sunday there were lots of visitors & small children so I went straight to the nursery. I'm guessing there's folks at church who don't even realize I was there! LOL

After church I called our neighbors who said the lights had been on for about an hour. Since I'd left the oven turned on I hoped the brisket would be ready. We went home & voila', brisket was melt-in-your-mouth perfect & we had a delightful lunch!

Later in the afternoon the sun came out and it was a perfect day! Today is too!

I am thinking...I want to quickly sweep the floors, wash a load of towels, empty the dishwasher & work outside!

I am wondering...if a lot of my family will end up in east Texas. That would be absolutely glory for me!

I am thankful for....this past week & weekend. I got to see all 3 of my kids...getting to know them a bit better.

From the kitchen...Hazelnut coffee. Clean dishes waiting to be released from the dishwasher & a refrigerator full of leftovers.

I am going...to work outside, take Shiloh for a walk, & work on WW meeting. Not necessarily in that order.

I am wearing...fleece pants, vest & jaguar printed blouse. And socks.

I am reading...nothing. . . .

I am hoping...Youngest son makes it safely to Oregon. He texted me early this morning letting me know he was safely in LA.

I am hearing...birds & the electric tree trimming crew at the street.

Around the house….A fine coolness 'cause I have the doors opened.

One of my favorite things...the smell of apple blossoms. Ours, for some unknown reason, smell a whole lot like coconut! I'll go take a pic of them and post later on.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Yard work. WW prep. Select & print photos for HUGE photo collage on wall behind couch.

Something you may not know about me...I don't buy a new dress for Easter. It's a wonderful way to save money - by not spending any at all! Besides - it's enough that Jesus has made all things new!

No comments:

Post a Comment