Sunday, April 5, 2009

For Today - April 5, 2009 - Sunday

Here's a photo of me upside down! It was one of serendipitous photos - didn't know it was there until I uploaded to computer!

Outside My Window... cloudy with lots of birds chirping.

Azaleas in Tyler are GLORIOUS. I cannot believe I didn't take my camera w/me yesterday . . .

I am thinking...most people don't use valances anymore. I went to Kohls, JCP, Marshall's, Target & Wal-Mart, looking for plain tabbed valances. No luck! It's either full-blown curtains/drapes or NOTHING. Well, that's not exactly true. . . . I found "seaweed" colored valances at JCP . . . originally $30 each (not per pair). There was a huge sale AND I got another 15% off for them costing me . . . . (are you ready for this AME?) $1.57 each. I don't know if they're going to work in the room I thought to put them in . . . I was really looking for "sage" . . . but it was worth the money to find out. If they don't work - MLS will take them to JCP in Palestine where he's been working....there's a JCP there at their tiny mall. It would NOT be worth a special trip to Tyler to return them!

I am wondering...if what will happen on my birthday on Friday? Two years ago we had SNOW! The year before that found & killed an almost 4 (or was it 5) foot chicken snake!

I am thankful for....surviving yesterday. I left the house a little after 10 AM & got home around 7 PM. Whew!

From the kitchen...it's clean & waiting for me to make Sunday morning breakfast: omelets.

I am going...to church & then grocery shopping. Blech! Unlike my daughter http://www.hermajestythequeenofcoupons.blogspot.com/- I HATE grocery shopping.

I am wearing...cargo pants, blouse & fleece vest.

I am reading... Falling In Love With the Bible by Mike MacIntosh & For Instruction in Righteousness by Pam Forester. We used this to help build character in our younger children. I thought it's time to reread it.

I am hoping...to finish putting the new dining room together. It's still mostly undone.

I am hearing...dog snoring, printer humming & hubby turning the pages of his Bible.

Around the house….Creativity.

One of my favorite things...Contentment with peace. .

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Church today & grocery shopping. Monday or Tuesday youngest son arrives with girlfriend. Putting house back together again. (Where's all those kings' horsemen when you really need them?) Friday: Maybe SIL & DD arrive. Saturday: kids & grandkids here for birthday celebration!!!!! Yay! Yay! PTL! & some more Yays! Next Sunday: Easter. C&T will still be here to attend church with us. I wonder if she will do special music? Hope so. . . .

Something you may not know about me...I still have not unpacked warm weather clothes. Frost is predicted Monday & Tuesday mornings!

No comments:

Post a Comment