Monday, April 27, 2009

For Today - April 27, 2009 - Monday

Outside My Window...it's dark & muggy. It's suppose to be raining off and on all week long.

I am thinking...I really need to take a leave of absence.

I am wondering...if Kevin had the swine flu? He said he thinks he had the flu or food poisoning last Tuesday. He did pass through California on his way to Oregon. Just saw on teh news the flu is also in California. . . . maybe he picked it up there?

I am thankful for....for daughter & her hubby getting safely back home.

From the kitchen...hmmm - not much of anything. Hubby's not yet getting ready for work. I've given up coffee. And I'm not yet boiling water for tea.

I am going...to email that letter. But first I have to write it!

I am wearing...white capris & tee-shirt. No, not the same ones from the other day!

I am reading..."When All Plans Fail"

I am hoping...to eat a more alkaline diet. I did this a long time ago & it really, really helps w/the osteoporosis pain. It mean cutting down on caffeine, chocolate, sugar, sodas & animal products. They all pull calcium from the the bones. Not eliminating any of it all together (except the sodas) . . . just cutting back and observing if pain goes away.

I am hearing...hubby making early morning noises.

Around the house….floors waiting for a good cleaning. Three big dogs make lots of paw prints & I didn't bother cleaning up after them during the week. They were good company for us & Shiloh & me.

One of my favorite things...Waking up pain-free.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...Yard work. Write "leave of absence" email. Prepare & execute WW meeting.

Something you may not know about me...I sent the email!

2 comments:

  1. so you decided to take some time off? What brought that on? Once you are off for awhile you won't miss it and when it is time to go back you dread it and decide I would rather play in the dirt than do another inventory, write another postcard or send in another tally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - need some time off to take care of myself. Spine & neck have been hurting & can't live off hydrocodone forever! It's certainly not condusive to having energy for the meeting.

    Alas - will still do inventory next week!

    ReplyDelete