Monday, April 26, 2010

For Today - April 26, 2010 - Monday

Outside My Window. . .Sunny & very cool!!!! The porch is clean & waiting for me to start painting.

I Am Hearing . . .Birds chirping. They are very vocal this morning.

I Am Wearing
. . .Velour pants, cuddle dud shirt, turtleneck shirt, velou vest, faux leather jacket, waling shoes, and knitted scarf. Yes, it's cold. Yes - I'm getting ready to leave the house.

I Am Thinking
. . .My mom probably misses humor. She was here yesterday & did a lot of teasing. It makes sense - she was the youngest of a very large family. Only 3 girls & a lot of brothers. I'm thinking she misses good-natured kidding.

I Am Wondering . . . that the little dog is sick? Or jealous? She's not eaten her last two meals. Is she pouting because we don't let her in the house? We really need an outdoor dog & she looks mighty comfy sleeping on the wicker love-seat out on the porch! Or is she sick?

I Am Grateful. . . that mama is so enraptured with my husband. Apparently he can do no wrong. Better than complaining about him, I guess!

From The Kitchen
. . . A warm teapot & lots of leftovers in the fridge. Maybe the kids will come for supper tonight?

I Am Going
. . . to the store to buy porch paint. A very light blue...a cross between Robin's egg & Sky blues. This is a very traditional porch ceiling color on old houses. It also keeps the wasps from building nests on the ceiling. Of course it doesn't keep them from getting into the attic.

I Am Reading
. . . The Southern Living Garden Book & "Southern Shade"

I Am Hoping. . .
that my back & neck don't *give out* on me while painting the ceiling. I have osteoporosis in my neck & several bones are completely dissolved. Combine that with the fact that most women don't have a lot of upper body strength & - - - well, it might take me quite a while to get it painted!

Around The House
. . . There's a load of laundry waiting for me to take to the laundry room!

One Of My Favorite Things
. . . Clean laundry. I forgot to mention that yesterday when I talked about the smell of *clean*. Add clean laundry to the list!

Something You May Not Know About Me . . . I have no idea what color to paint the front doors.

Today's Photo
. . .is not my photo. I wish I knew who to give credit to. Anyway - I first saw this at a nearby hamburger joint, Legends. It made me smile years ago & it still makes me smile! I'm halfway tempted to laminate a copy of this & post it to the front gate. :) Not really. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment