Saturday, August 30, 2008

For Today; August 30, 2008

Outside my window...Darkness. It's still early. Been up since 4 AM.

I am thinking…I need to pack the car.

I am thankful...I don't have to make this trip to Houston by myself. Murray gets to come with me.

From the kitchen…Coffee brewing, dishwasher humming.

I am creating…nothing. Nothing creative today.

I am going…to Houston. With Gustave heading into the Gulf. With all hotels in east TX already full. With all kennels full. Full of evacuees. Already full. 69N already congested. I must be crazy. I will greatly regret the decision to go if I get caught in evacuation traffic.

I am wearing...nothing special at all.

I am reading…continuing through the Bible - still in Isaiah. And am back in "Boundaries".

I am hoping...that today will be special for everyone involved.

I am hearing...crickets chirping. Lots of crickets.

Around the house…Busy-ness.

One of my favorite things…spending time w/my hubby.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week…surviving Houston traffic.

Something You May Not Know About Me . . . I really am a homebody. I hate traveling & I'm not good at all about packing suitcases. I pack the same things over & over again. It keeps the packing to a minimum of stress if I always take the same things.

No comments:

Post a Comment