Tuesday, June 17, 2008

For Today; June 17, 2008

FOR TODAY

Outside my window…Blue skies & very bright sun

I am thinking…that I oftentimes react to life's challenges as problems. As a Christian I have the choice to approach life's messiness from a different point of view. Instead of fighting it, I can embrace it, knowing God is with me, guiding and helping. That is what happened last week. A very busy, messy week . . . and I embraced the opportunity for Him to show Himself faithful. And He did a most marvelous job!

I am thankful for…getting photo CDs burned and ready to mail. It is nice to have this obligation completed early in the week.

From the kitchen…Chocolate coffee. And I just heard that a 24 year study shows that 2 - 5 cups of coffee per day reduces a woman's change of heart attacks! Yay for coffee!

I am creating…a simple life

I am going…to prepare for WW meeting and give myself a pedicure

I am wearing...white capris & orange tank top

I am reading…30 Days to Taming Your Tongue by Deborah Smith Pegues & 30 Days to Taming Your Stress by same

I am hoping…to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." Helen Keller

I am hearing…clock ticking & a Titmouse peeping

Around the house…there is a sense of order

One of my favorite things…Order & simplicity

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week…Medical phone calls for parents; updating Good Samaritan books; praying for Candy, Jerry, Tammy & rest of the family, upload and edit photos from Texas Republican Convention; visit young friend who's coming home from China

No comments:

Post a Comment