Sunday, June 22, 2008

For Today, June 22, 2008

Outside my window…lots and lots of sun

I am thinking…about what do do with Shiloh while we're at church and am grateful that according to Smith's Bible Dictionary "Shiloh" means "peaceable or pacific, which means promoting peace". I think it's a good sign of things to come

I am thankful for…safe traveling around Texas yesterday

From the kitchen…Shiloh slurping water

I am creating…a plan for the day that involves going to church (what to do w/Shiloh), lunch (still don't know what it will be [light I suppose, since we will have a big hearty breakfast at church this AM]), shaving Shiloh (he currently looks like a bear), and whatever else comes up regarding Shiloh

I am going…to make bacon deviled eggs for the church breakfast; later in the day move two rose bushes and transplant one lantana

I am wearing...white capris & black top

I am reading…30 Days to Taming Your Tongue by Deborah Smith Pegues & 30 Days to Taming Your Stress by same, and perusing my gardening & photography book

I am hoping…for a somewhat smooth transition to having a big dog in the house, and teaching Shiloh some manners

I am hearing…clock ticking and water boiling

Around the house…an aroma of "dog"

One of my favorite things…my husband, who surprised me with a beautiful arbor on the west side of the house

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week… updating Good Samaritan books; giving insurance information to friend who is an agent; scrapbooking friend's cruise; writing out monthly gardening plans

2 comments:

  1. Listening to slurping water...I bet you love that ;)

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a waterer like you guys have and he still slurps major big-time!

    He also sheds something awful. Big old clumps just falling out everywhere. What's up with that? Will be glad when your dad gets to shave him!

    ReplyDelete