Monday, June 30, 2008

For Today; June 30, 2008

Outside my window...for the 4th day in a row, overcast skies . We had 3/10" rain yesterday.

I am thinking…I should never, ever drink caffeine after noon...I did yesterday and didn't fall asleep until after 1 AM and woke at 6:15 ...

I am thankful for…Barkbusters coming today at 6 PM to teach us how to teach Shiloh how to be a gentleman. Also so very grateful for finishing Debby's album.

From the kitchen…hazelnut coffee & toast

I am creating…the celebration of the everyday. Don't get me wrong - I love celebrating milestones, anniversaries and traditional holidays, but that leaves a bunch of days uncelebrated - so I really like to celebrate the "everyday" simple pleasures.

For instance - Hubby cleaning out his Bible. This is a "mark the calendar" event as he squirrels away bulletins and prayer requests in his Bible. Yesterday was one of those days - he took out 12 bulletins and a couple other full-size sheets of paper! I'll snap a picture of them all and have to scrapbook it in "Things We Do" 'cause he's been like as long as I've known him!

I am going…to vacuum. Update - Shiloh is not shedding nearly as badly as before . . . a pair of scissors & a good brushing took care of that. This is average an ordinary vacuuming - not because of Shiloh.

I am wearing...off-white linen pants & brown shirt w/turquoise medallion

I am reading…30 Days to Taming Your Stress; "Boundaries: When to Say YES, When to Say NO, To Take Control of Your Life", by Henry Cloud & John Townsend; & Photo Freedom by Stacy Julian

I am hoping…to write a quick note to Debby & put the album in the mail. I found a new, unused pizza box and it's perfect! I have no idea how much it will cost to ship such an unusual size package. Since I never went blueberry picking last week, I'll just go to Gourmet Gardens and buy by the gallon. $8/gallon seems fair enough to me, since they do all the labor!

I am hearing…clock ticking, birds chirping outside & train whistle

Around the house…is anticipation of a busy week: Shiloh's schooling, working 3 days, July 4th festivities at Love's Lookout, & Nathaniel's wedding on Saturday.

One of my favorite things…is looking through photos & remembering the stories behind the pictures - then scrapping the stories. I'm not so great at scrapping chronologically as I'd much rather scrap memories, and emotions that come over me as I scrap. Therefore, I will quit using strap-hinged albums and go to d-ring albums, so I can move pages around, etc.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week… include mailing Debby's album, working with Shiloh, "maybe" moving rosewood bookcase from one side of sew.com to the other side in order to make room for Shiloh's crate. It currently resides in the dining room, which I do NOT like. He's in this room with me so much of the time, we might as well move the crate in here. It will be crowded . . . but seldom is there more than one person in here and that's me - either on the computer or sewing or scrapping or working on Good Samaritan books/paperwork so it ought to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment