Friday, November 14, 2008

For Today - November 15, 2008 - Saturday

Outside My Window...it's a bright, cool sunshiny day. YESTERDAY however, there was a gray hawk sitting on the edge of the lawn cart, no more than 20 feet from the house! I haven't looked him up in any of my bird books & I'm not at all familiar with birds of prey . . . seeing as how my interest is Songbirds. I grabbed my camera, knowing it wouldn't make a very good picture with all the gray. It doesn't matter because he flew away....DOWN (remember he was only a couple of feet above ground) into the area of the rosemary bush right up against the house. Bad news: I bet we have mice. Good news: We have our very own, very efficient mousetrap! I'd rather have hawks than snakes....they like tasty little mice, too. Prey/predator . . . it's all part of symbiosis.

I am thinking...I REALLY am over that stomach bug. For real. For sure.

I am thankful for...My friend Judy coming over. She's in town from Conroe!

From the kitchen...Banana & coffee. That should be safe.

I am wearing...Jeans & a jaguar (or is it leopard) printed blouse. And socks.

I am going... to try to do some yard work if it warms up enough.

I am reading...photography books

I am hoping...to not hear "that" song by Carrie Underwood

I am hearing...Heater & computer both humming along.

Around the house…Order. All is orderly again. Well, at least MOST all is orderly. I need to mop, though. The floors are filthy.

One of my favorite things…Freshly swept/vacuumed floors, although I HATE sweeping.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....Visit with Judy; mop kitchen & bath; pull weeds; fold clothes; go to church tomorrow & continue organizing the library.

Something you may not know about me...Well, this isn't really about me - it's ab out this flower, the Mutabilis rose - one of the earliest known species of roses, which originated in China. Unlike most roses, which fade with time, the Mutabilis goes from pale to more vivid color as it ages. I've titled it "Beautiful Decay" and no matter how old & decrepit I get - I hope I'll still have a measure of beauty. I think this might be a place where Proverbs 31 comes into being. I might have to frame this pic to remind me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous you get to see Miss Judy - give her a hug for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete