Tuesday, November 18, 2008

For Today - November 18, 2008 - Tuesday

Outside My Window...it's sunny, breezy, & a bit on the nippy side!

I am thinking...THIS is not want I thought we were signing up for when we became a certified backyard wildlife habitat!!!

http://www.nwf.org/backyard/

I am thankful for...today.

From the kitchen...Hazelnut Coffee & will soon make breakfast, which will most likely be my scrambled egg/cheese tortilla wrap. Or if I'm really lazy: oatmeal.

I am wearing...Blue jeans, white turtleneck, black velour vest & sox.

I am going... to take Shiloh walking & prepare WW meeting.

I am reading...photography books AND my camera's manual!

I am hoping...to stay calm. I did a pretty good job yesterday. Folks' records are in a gorgeous file folder (guess I ought to shoot it); I put on Kenny G & lit scented candle. I made my surroundings as pleasant as possible & it seemed to have worked. I don't like making those kind of phone calls. I like talking on the phone to friends & family . . . but don't like "business" calls. But all-in-all it wasn't too bad! And I'm hoping today will be just as pleasant.

I am hearing...Birds chirping & printer humming.

Around the house…9 boxes of WW stuff! New program to be announced December 7.

One of my favorite things…is the fact that time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life. I love & adore "ordinary" life & hope I never take it for granted.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....Phone calls; phone calls; phone calls. WW meeting. Weather forecast shows Wednesday high temps in 70's so hope to work outside. Oh - and to finish Christmas shopping on Saturday. I have a few things bought ('cause I sorta', kinda' shop year-round); but need to do the majority of it this weekend w/hubby. A trip to the city; lunch out & maybe a movie!

Something you may not know about me...for it to be "Christmas" to me, I MUST go outside during the holiday season & sing some carols outdoors or read the story from Luke. It can be underneath the stars or in the chicken coop. Or in the hay barn (which is now so dilapidated it's in danger of collapsing!) Inside we MUST read aloud, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". We've done this for years. Except two Christmases ago we didn't read it at all. Our little church had a Christmas "pageant", with angels poking each other, shepherds looking bored & baby Jesus wearing a plaid shirt & boots & sucking on his binky! I think it dawned on me when Carolyn interrupted the presentation, going on stage to bonk her misbehaving not-so-angelic granddaughter that I realized this was the REAL "Best Christmas Pageant Ever". I sat and cried and cried and cried. It was the BEST! I'll have to post pix when it's closer to Christmas. Just writing about it makes me cry! And smile! After all, just like Truvy, "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion"!

No comments:

Post a Comment