Saturday, December 13, 2008

For Today - December 13, 2008 - Saturday

Outside my Window.... it's dark. It's almost 6 PM.

I am thinking..."Living long does not outsmart the Grim Reaper. Living WELL is what outsmarts him". Thank you, Randy Pausch for the thought. This is NOT an exact quote.

I am wondering....if Daddy will, indeed, get better.

I am thankful for...for the Hallelujah chorus playing RIGHT when I got on Hwy 21, with hardwood leaves falling. It reminded me of the verse that talks about the trees clapping their hands. It was a special "welcome home" from the Lord.

From the kitchen...lots of mail. Hubby doesn't open mail. Not even his!

I am going... to take a long, hot bath with a glass full of "Hot Damn" (cinnamon schnapps), & relax to Willie Nelson's "Standards".

I am wearing...clothes I drove home in: jeans, turtleneck, fleece vest. But now I'm barefoot. I drove home with shoes.

I am reading...not a darn thing.

I am hoping...my dad gets back his strength.

I am hearing...computer noises; & Shiloh's deep breathing as he sleeps.

Around the house…Stuff.

One of my favorite things…HOME

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....There are no plans.

Something you may not know about me...Did I already tell you I once drove home from Washington, DC to Houston with 14 cats. And a 4 year old son. In a VW Bug?

No comments:

Post a Comment