Wednesday, December 17, 2008

For Today - December 17, 2008 - Wednesday

Outside my Window....it's cold, but not as cold as yesterday. And dark.

I am thinking...that I need to go back to sleep.

I am wondering....when I'm going to be ALL better. I spent the majority of the night awake, coughing, sneezing & nose blowing!

I am thankful for...my hubby's good urological report. His MRI findings were A-OK. Do you hear that big sigh of relief? Regular physical in February & urological physical next November. All is well.

From the kitchen...my awesome dishwasher is humming. We never rinse dishes . . . not even dried on chili . . . it always comes clean. May I never take it for granted.

I am going... to make bank deposit, pay bills, go back to sleep.

I am wearing...Red fleece pants, black fleece vest, & white fleece top. Yay for Old Navy! I've ordered some more fleece pants online & I'm hoping they'll be here before Christmas. Thanks Charlotte for taking me to ON while I was in town.

I am reading...email

I am hoping...to start feeling better!

I am hearing...that awesome dishwasher.

Around the house…still just "stuff". And Kleenex. Lots of Kleenex. And cough drops.

One of my favorite things…is having all that Christmas shopping done. What a mess I'd be in if I were "under the weather" AND had to go Christmas shopping!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....Meet Julie w/pix of Jared. They lost all photos in a house fire & she's making him a scrapbook. I'm sharing 4-H pix with her.

Something you may not know about me...My life has a sound track. It really does.

Example of weekend soundtrack.

Soundtrack #1. It was total madness getting out of Houston on Saturday, 2 weeks before Christmas. You don't believe me? There was a line of cars on the feeder street to get INTO Chidk-Fil-A parking lot. A rousing rendition of Janis Joplin's "Piece of My Heart" seemed appropriate enough 'cause that's what Houston's traffic does to me - takes another piece of my heart. Before long I may be completely heartless. ; )

Soundtrack #2. When I turned onto Hwy 21, which runs through Davy Crockett National Park, the Hallelujah Chorus came on. Perfect timing! Oh my! The leaves were falling to the ground & swirling all around & it was PERFECT! It seemed as if the trees themselves were clapping their hands. It reminded me of Isaiah 55:12: "For you will go out with joy and be led forth with peace; the mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."

Soundtrack #3: When I was almost home I heard this song for the first time. I'm not a huge C/W fan. I like "country legends", such as "Willie & Walon & the boys", but not a whole lot of new country/western music. I don't like beer & I don't like fried chicken. . . . but I DO like this song from the Zac Brown Band. It was the PERFECT song to hear/sing as I drove up my driveway.

You know I like my chicken fried
A cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up

Well I've seen the sunrise
See the love in my woman's eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And know a mother's love

Well I was raised up beneath the shade of a Georgia pine
And that's home you know
Sweet tea pecan pie and homemade wine
Where the peaches grow
And my house it's not much to talk about
But it's filled with love that's grown in southern ground

And a little bit of chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up
Well I've seen the sunrise
See the love in my woman's eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And know a mother's love

And it's funny how it's the simple things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes
There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind this I've come to know
So if you agree have a drink with me
Raise you glasses for a toast

To a little bit of chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up

Well I've seen the sunrise
See the love in my woman's eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And know a mother's love

I thank god for my life
And for the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly, let it ring
Salute the ones who died
And the ones that give their lives, so we don't have to sacrifice
All the things we love

Like our chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up
Well I've seen the sunrise
See the love in my woman's eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And know a mother's love

You know I like my chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio up

Well I've seen the sunrise
See the love in my woman's eyes
Feel the touch of a precious child
And know a mother's love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hOMetw7qI&NR=1

I like the soundtrack of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment