Saturday, February 14, 2009

For Today - February 14, 2009 - Saturday



Outside My Window...it's sunny, breezy & chilly.

I am thinking...I need to get some sleep. I woke up at 1AM & stayed awake until almost 5, then got up at 7:15.

I am wondering....why people choose to focus on what they focus on. Photography is so similar to ones attitude. This sunset picture is what's right outside my front door. Beautiful, isn't it? BUT, I did NOT focus on weeding flower beds, van, power lines, etc. I walked a few step off the porch & focused on the hill, trees & sunset. So it is with life . . . we get to choose what we focus on. Hopefully I'll remember this lesson & focus on the beauty in & around my life.

I am thankful for....having my hubby home on Valentine's Day!

From the kitchen...coffee

I am going...to process some photos, clean house, go to town & then to Legends for the BEST hamburger! No, it's not a fancy V'Day lunch/dinner . . . but it's what we both want. . . kind of a normal Saturday. We haven't had many of them lately.

I am wearing...jeans & a velour top.

I am reading..."Gone From My Sight - the Dying Experience" by Barbara Karnes, otherwise known here in east Texas, as "The Little Blue Book".

I am hoping...to recognize when other loved ones are dying.

I am hearing...crows cawing, chickens clucking, hubby snipping rose bushes. Lots of crows.

Around the house….a quick pick up will take care of things.

One of my favorite things...is finally grieving.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....burning T'giving CDs for Amanda & Christiy & myself. Burning Christmas CDs for Simon & myself.

Something you may not know about me...it took two weeks, but I finally had a good cry. That's what I was doing in the middle of the night. I'm always cool, calm & collected during an emergency or crisis & once it's over I break down. Not this time. It took two weeks since he died & one week since I've been home. I guess EVERYTHING about me is getting slower!

No comments:

Post a Comment