Monday, February 23, 2009

For Today -February 23, 2009 - Monday




Outside My Window...it's cold & sunny, with blue skies, white clouds, lots of birds & not at all windy.

I am thinking...I need get really busy.

I am wondering....when mom will be moved. The assisted living facility had a "flood" this morning in one of the resident's room, so everything else is pushed back for the time being.

I am thankful for....another good night's sleep. And coffee to wake up to in the morning.

From the kitchen...I have NO idea what's for supper. Yesterday we ate the last of the chicken in the freezer. I made bar-b-q sandwiches & cole slaw. We have lots of cabbage, & I'm the only one who likes it cooked, so we eat a lot of cole slaw. If I can't think of something, we'll have soup & grilled cheese sandwiches . . . with cole slaw on the side. Neither one of us is too very picky. Which brings me to another entry for what I'm thankful for!

Breakfast was a cuppa cawfee & oatmeal.


I am going...to go to the post office to buy stamps to mail thank you notes for my mom. Also make a donation of clothes to Good Sam. She was VERY good about cleaning out her closet when she bought new clothes last week. She said she's NEVER had that many new clothes at one time. Well - she deserves them! By her own admission, she has a blouse that more than 20 years old! And that one she didn't get rid of 'cause she likes it so well! I don't think I have ANY clothes I like that much!

I am wearing...flannel pajamas & great, big woolly sox. My feet were so cold last night & hubby brought me these warm, fluffy sox to wear. I'm glad my drawers are neat & tidy, so he could find them!

I am reading...insurance forms.

I am hoping...to make a day trip to mom's.

I am hearing...birds, birds & more birds. I guess it's really Springtime in east TX . . .

Around the house….quilts waiting to be folded.

One of my favorite things...Sunny Monday mornings!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....Mail thank you cards, insurance papers; get hair cut/color; "maybe" a day trip to Mom's to decorate room, if she gets moved Wednesday; Jackson.

Something you may not know about me...if I were on a deserted island I'd want my hubby, family, Bible & camera with me. Someone else will need to bring the food! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment