Monday, January 26, 2009

For Today - January 26, 2009 - Monday

Outside My Window...is a cloudy day. There's a heron by the lake & a snow goose by the chicken coop. We don't often see very many geese here . . .

Above photo was taken from the Houston Hilton, 12th floor. Next time will ask to be put on the highest floor to get better skyline pic.

I am thinking
...how wonderful it is to get 8 hours sleep. Yep - I did it - slept straight through for 8 hours! Wonderful!

I am wondering....what I'll get done today & how much of it I'll do!

I am thankful for....an uneventful weekend in Houston. I (& hubby) can't believe I went SHOPPING! I hate shopping! So I guess it "was" eventful after all!

I took Lisa to the Underground & then we drove to the Galleria, where I got in on the tail end of VS' Semi Annual Bra Sale! Yay for me! Also found out from Lisa that Under Armor makes good, supportive athletic bras. So, for once, I'm thankful I went shopping! Don't worry - I don't plan on doing it again anytime soon!

From the kitchen...Butternut Squash & really beautiful red beets. Will make soups today.

I am going...to move in slow motion today . . . just enjoy being home.

I am wearing...Fleece - from top to bottom: red pants, white shirt, black vest.

I am reading...not to much. I hope to find that book Debby recently sent & start it.

I am hoping...to have an undramatic, uneventful day.

I am hearing...little songbirds chirping away.

Around the house….everything needs a quick freshening.

One of my favorite things...is a good routine. I had much better, almost ironclad routines when the kids were home. Why not now? A good routine is so freeing & allows for so much more spontaneity.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....Get Shiloh from clinic; zip through weekly inside chores; WW meeting prep & meeting itself; "maybe" start in laundry room. It will take quite a while & I don't want to upset Murray by moving his stuff where he cannot find it or get to it.

Something you may not know about me...I was at the Hilton's gym at 6:15 Saturday AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment