Friday, October 17, 2008

For Today - October 17, 2008 - Friday




Outside My Window...still kind of dark . . . will probably be light before I'm through w/blog. Cool . . . 57 degrees. Suppose to get up to mid-high 70s . . . perfect!

I am thinking...today will be busy...the good kind of busy...not the emotional, high-stress busy-ness that I often find myself in. A natural course of the day busy-ness finishing some scrapbook pages & pretty much taking EVERYthing out of dining room for Jeremy's help tomorrow. Oh - and bake some banana bread for the freezer.

I am thankful for... finally finishing that page of Amanda & her grandma. Journaling reads, " I'm sure she adored each & every one of her grandchildren & there may be photos of her looking at them the same way, but I'm especially glad to have these photos of Amanda & her grandma.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, there's 3,000 unspoken words on this page equally a lot of untold stories!

It's easy to see there was a special relationship between Amanda & her grandma.

For these moments in time...she only had eyes for Amanda.

And vice versa. . . "

I am wearingjeans, tee shirt...soon adding waking shoes to take Shiloh out.

I am creating . . . a messy kitchen. Those green bananas from TWO WEEKS ago FINALLY ripened! I will need to make a bunch of mini loaves of banana bread.

I am goingto eat breakfast before walking Shiloh, then work a while outside, then inside, then outside, then inside.

I am reading "Photoshop Elements 5 for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby.

I am hopingto be able to think clearly about what to keep & what to get rid of. I'm a far cry from being a minimalist but would like to try living with a minimum of "stuff", excluding books, fabric, scrapbook supplies, & did I mention books? Ah - I think I see the problem ; )

I am hearingmy stomach growling & train whistle.

Around the house…the same . . . we live here . . . we love here. . . we laugh here . . . it shows it

One of my favorite things
this quote from William Henry Channing , "To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony." High & lofty aspirations indeed. I have far to go. . .

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....finish some scrap book pages; reorganize scrap booking supplies; get dining room ready for Jeremy; work outside for a while; enjoy the cooler weather.

Something you may not know about me. . . I have a husband who sometimes reads poetry to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment