Friday, October 31, 2008

For Today - October 31, 2008 - Friday

I think this cloud formation looks like a grumpy old man staring at the trees. Maybe he doesn't like Halloween?

Outside My Window...Dark & a tiny bit chilly. . . not too bad at all.

I am thinking...that Shiloh is going to slim down - we walked 2 miles yesterday!

I am thankful for...the fact that Simon gets to keep his job. Verizon laid off 7,000 nationwide. Hard economic times ahead. He & Ericka agreed to rejoice, whatever the decision & he fasted since Sunday. Broke the fast with a celebratory feast: sushi! I can't fathom breaking a fast this way!

From the kitchen...Dishes waiting to be unloaded from the dishwasher.

I am wearingflannel pajamas & sox

I am goingto town: drop off clothes at consignment shop; take photos of LFG donations to Good Samaritan & email to local newspaper; take a quick trip to FBC to double check WW inventory; continue organizing sew.com. I've started with the scrap book papers. . . . woohoo! I'm going to love having them so easily accessible in drawers.

I am reading ...Romans & that biography about Hudson Taylor

I am hopingI am home when UPS brings my Christmas present. It's that 50mm lens I've been wanting. Delivery requires signature. . . . but if I'm in town . . . .will leave messages for him at the Pharmacy & vet clinic. . . . and cell phone # on door for him to call me so I can meet him somewhere. This is a nice thing about living in a small town.

I am hearing muffled sounds of TV & Shiloh snoring.

Around the house…Real progress! I threw out makeup & perfume I no longer use. Weeded out books on tape to donate. I used to buy them cheaply at 75% Off Bookstore & listen to them while driving to Houston or Dallas. Most of them I won't listen to again . . . so away they go. I also got rid of an ugly piece of furniture that is no longer needed. I really do think I breathe better with less clutter.

One of my favorite thingsBLT's - made with Hormel Reduced Fat Bacon bits! I know it sounds weird . . . but it really satisfies my need for a good, old-fashioned BLT - and all for only 2 Points!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....Well - I just wrote about them up above so this entry will be VERY short!

Something you may not know about me. . .I don't celebrate Halloween. Ever since I saw photo of terrified boy at Halloween party, I've not celebrated. This was about 30 years age. Not funny for adults to scare kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment