Monday, October 20, 2008

For Today - October 21, 2008 - Tuesday




























Outside My Window...Darkness, cause it's not yet 6 AM

I am thinking...that I hope I remember all I need to do today. I have a list . . . but sometimes even that doesn't keep me on track!

I am thankful for...all the birds that were outside sew.com room. These pix were taken yesterday. They sing because they're happy. :)

From the kitchen . . . Coffee brewing

I am wearingWhat else is there? Like I said . . . it's so old. . . so faithful. . . it's like an old friend!

I am goingto the city! LOTS of errands & stops along the way and have to get an early start, be back in time for WW meeting. And not be frazzled!

I am reading ...Recently finished "John" & now in "Acts"; A good start in "Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret" by Dr. & Mrs. Howard Taylor.

I am hopingto stay calm. I don't like shopping. I don't like "busy-ness". I don't like the pace of cities. I am hoping to stay calm & aware of God with me.

I am hearingcomputer making those grumbling noises. Printer humming. Murray making morning sounds.

Around the housethe scrapbooks, hereafter known as the "Library of Memories" are in place in the living room. I think this is going to work!

One of My Favorite Things... I love the smell of the sweet almond tree. It's really more of a shrub but can be trimmed into a tree with a great deal of diligence. Sort of like the crepe myrtals...they too want to be shrubs. As a whole, it's not particularly pretty, but the individual flower spikes are rather charming and smell like a bit of heaven. While it's blooming, I always have some in the house just for the natural air freshener! Maybe I'll post pic soon.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....Monday: walk dog (check), housework, need to have WW meeting completely done for tomorrow (check); make a menu & shopping list for this week (check & double check); list of chores for David to do (I love you David - thanks for offering to help me); Tuesday: haircut/color...Office Depot...grocery shop... bank...Salon Kalea for BE eyeshadow...Hobby Lobby?...Maries. . . WW meeting...possibly no dog walking done...Wednesday: write Miss U cards...house/yard work...Thursday: get ready for AME & DAE...bake favorite vegetarian lasagna...Friday: Hopefully put David to work rehanging shutters that Ike blew off & trimming Hollies. ..it's hard to plan too much for him 'cause they always sleep in so late when here...am glad they get good rest. Saturday: Jeremy comes back to help w/chicken coop roof repair...& lots of cooking for church's homecoming on Sunday; Sunday: Church!

Something you may not know about me. . . When I wake in the middle of the night - I stay up for 1 - 3 hours.










No comments:

Post a Comment