Saturday, October 25, 2008

For Today - October 24, 2008 - Saturday


Outside My Window...chilly & sunny with lifting fog.

I am thinking...
that I need to hurry up & take Shiloh walking b4 kids wake up & Jeremy arrives.

I am thankful for...
OMG -so very much to be thankful for: All the work that David got done yesterday! He totally cleaned out their storage unit & repositioned it; did all the push mowing & riding mowing. I think he got the shutters back up. I don't know for certain 'cause it was dark when Amanda & I got home.

Amanda & I went shopping. I don't do "party" clothes & that's the theme for this year's Innovations. At one point, while in Kohl's, I commented all I needed was a pretty cardigan w/pearl buttons & I could make that work for me. We looked up and there it was! A black cardigan w/pearly buttons. I haven't yet found a shimmeriy, sparkly camisole . . . but the cardigan with either black skirt or pants (already have those) will be my "go to" LBD. I can feel it in my bones!

Which brings me to the fact that I still haven't gotten the sew.com room organized as we girls spent most of the day shopping.

From the kitchen . . .Coffee & the expectancy of making Chicken Spaghetti; Blueberry Pie; Deviled Eggs; Banana Bread - and all I to do is thaw & slice! Except for the coffee - everything else is for tomorrow's Homecoming.

I am wearing… jeans, tee-shirt & walking shoes.

I am going… to walk Shiloh in a few minutes. Then B A K E ! ! !

I am reading ...Acts & still in "Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret"

I am hoping… to enjoy the day. Every minute of it!

I am hearing… Birds in the roses. David & Amanda's alarm go off. For about the third time!

Around the house…Evidence we have company: two people & two extra dogs.

One of my favorite things…Spending a day baking.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....Cooking today; Church on Sunday.

Something you may not know about me. . .I have almost ZERO party clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment