Thursday, October 23, 2008

For Today - October 24, 2008 - Friday

Outside My Window...chilly & foggy, but can tell it will soon be lifting.

I am thinking...that today will be special with David & Amanda here.

I am thankful for... their safe arrival at 11:50 PM & our subsequent visit until 1:30 AM. I'm also thankful for flowers still blooming & the ability to make a few bouquets for the house. These are in breakfast room, which is sometimes referred to as the "kitchen den".

From the kitchen . . .Lots of produce & coffee. All the stuff waiting for me to make vegetable lasagna. Yummy - a favorite for all of us.

I am wearing well, since it's so very chilly, I'm wearing a gown AND the chenille robe & socks.

I am goingto walk Shiloh a couple of times today.

I never did make that quick trip to town yesterday, so will do that today too.

FINALLY start organizing the sew.com room. Oh my. What a mess it will really be. I have so much stuff to take out, rearrange & put back. Will toss a lot too, I suppose.

I am reading ...Acts & still in "Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret"

I am hopingto make good progress in "that" room.

I am hearingBirds in the roses. There's a male cardinal in there w/all the sparrows & flickers. I wish I had the zoom lens on the camera.

Around the house…Chilliness. And quiet. Shiloh was so excited last night to have Promise & Tansy here for a visit, that he stayed up late, too. Silly old dog . . . he's still asleep in our bedroom.

One of my favorite thingsSpending time with my awesome children.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....They've pretty much stayed the same:
David & I do some yard work & very minor home repair; major cooking tomorrow; maybe shopping with Amanda to our favorite store: Cato; & church on Sunday.


Something you may not know about me. . .one of my favorite words is "serendipity". That's how I feel about the top of the armoire, it all came together with stuff that's normally around the house. Nothing is special for Autumn, except for the pumpkin cookie jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment