Wednesday, October 1, 2008

For Today - October 1, 2008 - Wednesday

Outside My Window… Still dark outside. All is quiet.

I am thinkingthat today is going to busier than I want it to be. The type of busy-ness I'm not good at. It's not physically demanding . . . just a mental busy-ness . . . busy with other people. . . busy with people I don't want to deal with. . . trying to untangle messes that are not of my making.

I am thankful forthe 5 hours sleep I got. Not as good as 7 or 8...but a lot better than 3.

From the kitchen... coffee, bananas & Murray putting together his snacks for the day. He comes home for lunch, but packs his own snacks: fruit & yogurt.

I am wearingthat wonderful, threadbare, ancient chenille robe. . . and here it is!

I am creatinga new motto I read early this morning: "Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain." I must remember dancing in the rain when kidlets were little. Not quite literally - but we did stand on the porch & danced around. & rejoiced in thunder & lightening & other displays of God's power & love.

I am goingto work at Good Samaritan, finish WW paperwork & cards & make lots of long distance phone calls.

I am reading Ali Edwards blog

I am hopingmy brand new shirt didn't shrink. Murray washed a load of darks (including his red work shirts) on warm & let them sit in washer overnight. Fortunately it doesn't look as if anything has faded . . . but I don't wash my darks in warm water. Just cold. He didn't know that. He may be buying me new clothes.

I am hearingShiloh being way too energetic for this time of morning! TV. Kitchen noises.

Around the houseoh let's not even go there!

One of my favorite thingsOrderliness. And I don't have it.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...to continue photographing our day . . . volunteer at Good Sam . . . maybe help w/church garage sale (well that's not going to happen) . . . but most likely continue pulling weeds (not likely either). Will probably spend lots of time on the telephone.

No comments:

Post a Comment