Saturday, October 18, 2008

For Today - October 18, 2008 - Saturday

























Outside My Window...foggy & chilly. Hubby had to wear a lightweight jacket to work & I will walk Shiloh when it warms up a bit.

I am thinking...busy, busy, busy, thinking about rearranging dining room furniture & then of course have to redo decorative objects, etc., ; baking banana bread & figuring out a menu for tomorrow, as I think we'll be bringing Kwabenay home for lunch & a lazy Sunday afternoon of him studying.

I am thankful for... Jeremy coming over today to supply the muscle needed to move furniture around; AND thankful Amanda & David will come next Thursday PM & David is available ALL DAY FRIDAY to help around here!

From the kitchen . . . Scrambled egg whites/cheese tortilla. And an apple. And French Vanilla Coffee. Yummy!

I am wearingjeans, tee shirt...sox. Haven't gotten to the shoes yet.

I am creating . . . a big mess . . . it is definitely the darkest right before dawn stage!

I am goingto unload armoire & hall tree, push table against one wall, clean out from other table (it's covered w/a long tablecloth & contains gifts & gift wrapping supplies); and maybe start tearing apart the sew.com room. I'm not at all satisfied w/scrapbook supplies. I don't really know what to do . . . but it's not easy to get to most of the stuff. I think I need to get it out of scrapping carts, and into drawers & onto shelves. Maybe magazines/books can go into carts & those open shelves would be available for the stuff of scrapping.

I am reading "Photoshop Elements 5 for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby' Ali Edwards blog & myinspiredheart.blogspot.com..

I am hopingto think of an easy menu for tomorrow. Something that I can maybe put in the crock pot before leaving for church?

I am hearingcomputer growling. I think it's going through some type of security process. Printer humming. Train whistling. And one mockingbird among the flickers & sparrows, although they weren't in the roses earlier. And a couple of chickens clucking. It must be hard work laying that egg!

Around the house…Big messes that occur right before projects get underway. Plus some baking & cooking. It's nice and cool. A great day to bake. Might have to do that this morning before it hits 70.

One of my favorite things
the little details of home decor. Which is really quite strange - 'cause I don't like "fussy" . . . but I do notice the little things. And I like high contrast. I like to juxtapose the fine with the common; the delicate w/the rough.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week....finish some scrap book pages; reorganize scrap booking supplies; get dining room ready for Jeremy; work outside for a while; enjoy the cooler weather.

Something you may not know about me. . . I really, really like nature. If I had to choose between a really big, interesting wasp nest or a fine English teapot, I'd probably take the nest, thinking "Well, I can always buy a teapot later on, if I really want it . . . but where would I find such a way cool wasp nest?"

No comments:

Post a Comment